[torqueusers] Compiling 1.2.0p5 with Altix cpuset support

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Aug 3 19:42:33 MDT 2005

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:27 pm, John Dalton wrote:

> I've looked on an IRIX box and noticed that cpuset.h in /usr/include
> and /usr/include/sys DOES define the missing things, so I'm wondering if
> I'm missing something really obvious or maybe the Altix support isn't
> really there at all?  Or perhaps it changed in ProPack 4 and nobody has
> tried building on that yet?

I would say it has changed in ProPack4 as it's mentioned in SGI's ProPack3
docs at:

http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?coll=linux&db=bks&srch=&fname=/SGI_Admin/LX_Resource_AG/sgi_html/apa.html

but not in their ProPack4 docs at:

http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi/linux/bks/SGI_Admin/books/LX_Resource_AG/sgi_html/apb.html

It's possible that this is a result of Andrew Morton not accepting all of
Bull's original cpusets work into his kernel, which eventually propogated
through to the mainline in 2.6.12-rc1.  Or maybe SGI didn't push their
changes through to the mainline (or they got dropped/bounced).

Certainly CPUSET_CPU_EXCLUSIVE is not in cpusets.h in the 2.6.12 kernel (which
was the first mainline release with it folded in) according to:

http://www.linuxhq.com/kernel/v2.6/12/include/linux/cpuset.h

good luck!
Chris