[torqueusers] can we install torque on Rock cluster

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Aug 3 18:14:24 MDT 2005

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 04:50 pm, isha vishnoi wrote:

> Can we install Torque on Rock Cluster .Is it worthy??
> Plz do reply

There is a Torque/Maui roll for Rocks maintained by Roy Dragseth at the
University of Tromsø.

Home page is:

 http://uit.no/itavd/HPC-Rocks-PBS-Roll/

I believe that Rocks Rolls need to be loaded at install time, so if you want
to retrofit it then you'll be able to compile it from source as you would on
a normal cluster.

Rocks is not in my good books at the moment as it has the undocumented
"feature" of nuking all partition tables on any disks it can get its grubby
hands onto *BEFORE* asking you what you want to do with your (now blank)
partitions. Not even Windows does that (in my experience).

Thankfully gpart exists, otherwise I would be even more annoyed than I am now
(http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/user/76201/gpart/).

Rocks v4 is based on Centos 4 which itself is a rebuild of Redhat EL 4 (which
still doesn't have XFS enabled in its kernels, mumble mumble..)

Chris