[torqueusers] Re: [Mauiusers] Please give all distributions unique names

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Aug 3 17:56:51 MDT 2005

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 05:42 am, Dave Jackson wrote:

>   We will investigate moving to 'per snapshot' directories but this may
> be more difficult due to the large number of sites already operating in
> the single directory mode.

I think what most people really want is not installation into a single
directory but simply for the tar file to extract into a directory that has
the snapshot version in the name.

Every time I download a new snapshot I've got to remember to mv it into its
proper name to stop me trashing earlier snapshots. :-(

To simplify configuration I keep scripts called 'configtorque', etc, handy
that just have the configure command line that I want to use.

Chris