[torqueusers] question about prologue / epilogue

Glen Beane beaneg at umcs.maine.edu
Thu Apr 21 14:13:33 MDT 2005

Occasionally a node issue can result in a job bouncing between the Q
and R state  (torque tries to start the job, fails, waits, and tries
again).  This goes on and on until we intervene.

Will the prologue and epilogue get run every time?  I suspect the
epilogue will only run when the job goes into the E state.

I do some tasks in both the prologue and epilogue that I want to make
sure only get run once per job, which I can do with a little work, but
I just want to make sure the effort is necessary.