[torqueusers] submit filter

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sun Apr 3 22:36:57 MDT 2005

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 06:18 am, Glen Beane wrote:

> Is it possible to have the qsub submit filter cause a job submission to
> be rejected?

This came up last November on the list when I suggested just this ability, and
Dave Jackson said it would be added, but I've not yet had the time to check
out what the return code they were using for this was. :-(

Here's the archive entry:

	http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2004-November/000940.html

Hmm, looking at the latest snapshot it would appear it never made it in, the
best you can do is exit(-1) and then qsub should say there was an "error
writing filter o/p".

It should be fairly simple to patch in yourself, allocate yourself a return
value and then instead of writing the script out on stdout from the filter
write it to a file instead and then display it.

Actually, you could possibly do it by writing out your message on stderr and
then exiting with -1 as it appears that qsub does not redirect stderr with
stdout.

I'll test that out that second idea on our little test cluster here.

cheers!
Chris