[torqueusers] Jobs are submitted but don't run

Robert Stober rmstober at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 30 11:09:54 MDT 2004

Hi,

[usera at hosta ~]$ echo 'sleep 10' | /usr/local/bin/qsub -l nodes=1
34.hosta.mydomain.com

So the job is submitted. But it's not being dispatched...

[usera at hosta ~]$ /usr/local/bin/qstat -a

hosta.mydomain.com:
                                                            Req'd
Req'd   Elap
Job ID          Username Queue    Jobname    SessID NDS TSK Memory Time
S Time
- -----
34.hosta.mydo.  usera    workq    STDIN      1056   1    --    --  00:05
R   --

Although I've scoured the docs, I haven't found any reasons for this.
Can anyone provide a clue?

Thank you,

Robert