[torqueusers] pbstop in contrib

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Sep 28 12:34:44 MDT 2004

Hi all,
   I just noticed, while looking at Nico's spec files, that pbstop was in
the contrib directory!  I didn't know it was in there!

Did I actually contribute it?  I don't think I did.  While I'm happy to see it
there, I haven't thought the code was "production ready".  Though I suppose I
shouldn't say anything since it's been included for quite a long time in xCAT.

But now that you have it, please grab the latest copy from
http://www-rcf.usc.edu/~garrick/pbstop as it contains many bugfixes and
enhancements.  The biggest bugfix is that it now displays correctly when more
than 54 jobs are running (it now reuses letters).  The biggest enhancement is
that it now reads /etc/pbstoprc and ~/.pbstoprc, looking for name=value pairs
to set those config variables near the top of the script.

I'm also working on a full perl module to interface with the C libs.  When
it's done, all of this will have proper makefiles, readmes, changelogs, etc.

University of Southern California