[torqueusers] Strange job behaviour

Paulo Silva pjs at eurotux.com
Sat Sep 18 08:17:18 MDT 2004

Hello,

I'm using torque in a 16 node Beowulf cluster and I've been noticing
that sometimes, if I submit 16 jobs simultaneous, there's one job that
seems to be running more slowly than the others.

I tried submitting 16 equal jobs and the problem remains most of the
time. Also I've noticed that problem doesn't happens in the same node
(so I'm excluding some hardware problem).

This may not even be a torque/pbs issue but if someone already had the
same problem maybe I can get a clue to what it's happening.

Thanks for any advice.
--
Paulo Silva <pjs at eurotux.com>
Eurotux, SA