[torqueusers] pbs_server crashing with bus error

Wightman wightman at supercluster.org
Thu Sep 9 11:06:04 MDT 2004

If I'm wrong I hope someone will correct me, but I believe a bus error
is the same thing as a segmentation fault in Linux.  You can trace these
the same way as a seg fault in Linux using gdb (comes with xtools).  The
standard procedure follows.  If you get a seg-fault send the output of
the 'where' command and any other pertinent information.

Thanks,

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 10:44, Glen Beane wrote:
> As you all know (sorry for posting so much in the last few days), i'm
> running a torque snapshot from the last week or two on OS X 10.3.5.
> I've been running pbs_server in debug mode while I've been testing the
> setup.  Periodically pbs_server will crash with a bus error (output from
> console when running pbs_mom with PBSDEBUG set follows)
>
> P.S., so I don't keep spamming the newsgroup something like bugzilla
> where we could browse/post bug reports would be very good.
>

> is_get_stat(node1)
> is_get_stat(node1)
> is_get_stat(node1)
> is_get_stat(node1)
> is_get_stat(node1)
> set_nodes: entered jid 13.bender.bender.clusters.umaine.edu spec 1:ppn=2
> set_nodes: allocated node node1/0
> set_nodes: allocated node node1/1
> Allocated to 13.bender.bender.clusters.umaine.edu nodes: node1/1+node1/0
> is_get_stat(node1)
> is_get_stat(node1)
> is_get_stat(node1)
> is_get_stat(node1)