[torqueusers] Problem: qsub fails to submit jobs

Raymond Page pagerc at ufl.edu
Thu Sep 2 09:12:51 MDT 2004

fidget $ qsub -l nodes=rah.cns.ufl.edu qsub.sh
qsub: Job exceeds queue resource limits

I'm attempting to use the below setup and cannot understand why I am
receiving the qsub failure above.  I had shared clusters working, and
now I want the ability to load balance with timeshared nodes.  I'd
appreciate being informed of what I'm missing in my setup to let jobs
execute on a timeshared host.

--
Raymond Page

server_priv/nodes:
osgmon.cns.ufl.edu:ts local server production osgmon
fidget.cns.ufl.edu:ts np=2 remote workstation fidget
rah.cns.ufl.edu:ts remote server rah

mom_priv/config:
$serverhost     localhost
$clienthost     osgmon.cns.ufl.edu
$restricted     *.cns.ufl.edu
$usecp          *.cns.ufl.edu:/home /home
$usecp          *.cns.ufl.edu:/u /u
$logevent       255
ideal_load      5
max_load        8

$ qmgr -c "p s"
create queue test
set queue test queue_type = Execution
set queue test resources_default.nodect = 1
set queue test resources_default.nodes = 1
set queue test resources_default.walltime = 01:00:00
set queue test enabled = True
set queue test started = True
# Set server attributes.
set server scheduling = True