[torqueusers] Re: mom segfault in new diag code

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Oct 28 18:18:40 MDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 09:57:57AM +1000, Chris Samuel alleged:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 09:09 am, Dave Jackson wrote:
>
> > ? Our fault, we pushed out a patch which contained the bounds checking
> > but this patch failed to get updated on the web. ?The new code should
> > perform all required tlist bounds checking.
>
> Thanks David, is that torque-1.1.0p4-snap.1099003850.tar.gz ?

1.1.0p4-snap.1099003850 indeed does real bounds checking.  But the one problem
I see is that valid info is silently ignored once the end of the 1KB buffer is
reached.

At the same time, it's unclear to me why that information is important (or even
what it represents).  It seems to just print the first 1KB set of IPs from my
cluster.

University of Southern California