[torqueusers] Patch for 1.1.0p3 on Fedora Core 2 + udev

David C. Thompson dcthomp at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 25 15:04:36 MDT 2004

Hi,

        I've attached a patch to src/resmom/linux/mom_start.c that I
needed to make tty allocation on the MOMs work with udev on top of a
Fedora Core 2 install. By default, udev doesn't create
/dev/pty[p-z][0-9a-f] devices. Instead, it creates /dev/ptmx and lets
the devpts filesystem create the matching ttys when ptmx is opened.

        Rather than try to detect which particular devices
(pty[p-z][0-9a-f], ptc, ptmx, ...) exist on a given system, openpty()
may be used. That's what the patch does. The only problem is that it
adds an extra library dependency to pbs_mom: libutil contains the
openpty() symbol.

        Anyway, it works for me, so I thought I would share it with the
list.

        Thanks for torque,
        David

PS. Apologies if you get this twice; I sent a copy before I subscribed
to the list and so far as I can tell, it went into a black hole.

--
David Thompson, MS 9152                (925)294-2537
Sandia National Laboratories           dcthomp at sandia.gov
Distributed Visualization Systems 8963
PO Box 969, Livermore, CA 94551-0969