[torqueusers] PBS perl module and new pbstop

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Oct 21 14:17:04 MDT 2004

Hi all,

Everything is working so well with the current torque/maui/qbank "job chain"
that I had time to finally put together the proper perl module that I always
wanted and update pbstop with some new useful features.  Please see the code
and README at http://www-rcf.usc.edu/~garrick/perl-PBS/

The perl module seems good and has seen some outside testing.  You get access
to most of PBS, efficiently, from within perl.  Dealing with the struct attrl
returns of some of the functions is kind of complicated, but hopefully the
provided demo code will be a sueful guide.

pbstop is quite a bit more useful than the previous versions, but has some
awkward window painting artifacts that I haven't figured out yet (space or
ctrl-l clears up everything) (patches will be accepted!).  It has actual
documetation now.  It will work with or without the perl module, but some of
the new features only work if the perl module is installed.

University of Southern California