[torqueusers] torque 1.1.0p3, OS X linking problems

Glen Beane beaneg at umcs.maine.edu
Tue Oct 19 11:58:53 MDT 2004

When I try to build torque 1.1.0p3 on OS X (10.3.5)

ld can't find _pbs_submit when trying to make the pbs commands
(everything prior to the cmds builds OK).

ld: Undefined symbols:
_pbs_submit
make[3]: *** [qsub] Error 1

If I look at my previous compile of 1.1.0p2 I see _pbs_submit is in
libpbs.a

bender:torque-1.1.0p2/src/lib/Libpbs root# nm libpbs.a | grep
_pbs_submit
00000000 T _pbs_submit

On 1.1.0p3:

bender:torque-1.1.0p3/src/lib/Libpbs root# nm libpbs.a | grep
_pbs_submit
bender:torque-1.1.0p3/src/lib/Libpbs root#

On OS X i'm used to having to run ranlib -c on .a files to get rid of
errors such as this  (usually running ranlib -c *.a in the lib
directories after a build fails with an error such as this, then
rerunning make solves this particular issue),   however it didn't work
in this case.

Any ideas?  And until I resolve this issue, is it OK to use pbs_mom and
pbs_server from 1.1.0p3 with the commands from 1.1.0p2?

Glen