[torqueusers] Torque/Maui problem with which nodes are job-exclusive/free

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Tue Oct 19 08:41:19 MDT 2004

We at SARA are installing a new cluster that has 272 dual processor
nodes.  We are using torque-1.1.0p2 and maui 3.2.6.p9.

We have configured torque/maui so that there is only one job per node.
An user can decide if he want to use one or two processors on an node, eg:
   1) qsub -I -lnodes=4 (4 nodes)
   2) qsub -I -lnodes=4:ppn=2 (4 nodes, 2 processors of each node)

This works as expected. Now the problem is, if we use pbsnodes -a
displays in example 1 all the nodes as 'free' and in example 2 it will
display the nodes as 'job-exclusive'.

We would expect it will display 'job-exclusive' for both examples. It
this an bug?

		Regards