[torqueusers] Kerberos

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at merl.com
Mon Oct 18 14:27:01 MDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anoop Rajendra" <arajendr at cse.uta.edu>
To: <torqueusers at supercluster.org>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 2:00 PM
Subject: Re: [torqueusers] Kerberos

> It already is kerberized rsh. Is that enough? Ofcourse I need to make
> sure that rsh is setup properly to use keytab files, so that it can do
> all its work without the need for human intervension. But does pbs_mom
> use rsh of the system, or its own rsh?
>
> Thanks,
> Anoop

It's PATH dependent.  Under RedHat Linux, for example, "rsh" is normally
summoned as just that, without any leading directory in the command name. So
which version of rsh you get is dependent on your PATH. However, near as I
can tell, PATH is usually set in $server_home/pbs_environment. And it's set
to be very simple, and doesn't normally include the odd locations that
people tend to put Kerberized rsh in. So you might just not *get* the
Kerberized rsh that you expect.