[torqueusers] build libs with -fPIC where available?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Mon Oct 18 12:44:57 MDT 2004

Hi all,
   I'm playing with some client code and I've been unable to build a new shared
object from ia64 and x86_64 builds of torque on RHE3 because they didn't get
built with -fPIC.  Of course, it's a simple matter to rebuild with it, so I'm
just suggesting that torque do it by default.

And while we're at it, building executables with "-pie -fpie" where possible
would be nice too.  This allows for new security features on newer Linux
distros.

University of Southern California