[torqueusers] zombie jobs

Dan Lapine dlapine at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 13 09:27:52 MDT 2004

first, update to torque-1.1.0p2 :)

NCSA has been stress testing all the snaps up to yesterday's release
on 900 node cluster. The last snapshot has been stable.

All jobs, or just the ones running on the nodes that died?

2 method to clear a job-

less painful:
find the mom node (the first node that qstat -n lists)
stop the pbs_mom process on that node
go to /var/spool/pbs/mom_priv/jobs (or whereever you've installed pbs/torque) and
	remove all entries for the jobid (all files and dirs)
restart the mom
qdel the job.

more painful:
go to your torque server
stop the pbs_server process
cd /var/spool/pbs/server_priv/jobs
remove all entries for the offending job
restart the server.

Hope this helps.

--
---