[torqueusers] 2 questions

Eric J. Bowersox ericb at aspsys.com
Tue Oct 5 13:44:15 MDT 2004

I'm working with a one-node test installation of Torque, and I've got a
couple of things I wanted to ask about:

(1) I tried to set up the single node for exclusive use, so that it
would only run one job at a time.  However, when I do two or three
"qsub" commands in a row, it executes all of the jobs simultaneously.
How can I get it to only run one job at a time, and leave the others in
the queue until the first one is finished?

(2) After the jobs are finished executing, the node is marked "down" by
the server (as reported by "pbsnodes -l").  This means any future
attempts to execute jobs on the queue fail until an explicit "pbsnodes"
command is used to put the node back "up".  Why does this happen, and
more importantly, how can this be prevented from happening?

Thanks in advance.

--
Eric J. Bowersox, Software Engineer     Aspen Systems, Inc.
<ericb at aspsys.com>                      3900 Youngfield Street