[torqueusers] Maximum number of nodes per queue

Charland, Denis Denis.Charland at imi.cnrc-nrc.gc.ca
Mon Nov 29 14:41:04 MST 2004

(Formatted text)

I'm running OpenPBS 2.3.16 on a 128 processor Beowulf cluster. I recently
created a seperate queue for guest users and I would like to limit the number of
nodes that can be allocated to all jobs running from this queue. To do so, I
used the "resources_available.resource_name=value" queue attribute. For
resource_name, I tried "nodes", "nodect", ncpus" and "neednodes" without
success. The man pages for pbs_queue_attributes (7B) defines this attribute as
being "The list of resource and amounts available to jobs running in this queue.
The sum of the resources of each type used by all jobs running from this queue
cannot exceed the total amount listed here".

Anybody has idea what can be the problem?

Note: Torque 1.1.0p4 behaves the same way.

Denis Charland
Linux Cluster Administrator
National Research Council of Canada