[torqueusers] Altix "array" support? [Re: Memory and process limits ]

Shinya Yarimizo shinya at hawaii.edu
Wed Nov 24 14:06:14 MST 2004

Hi Dave,

>   Sorry for the delayed response.  We have been rolling in the CPUSet
> and ArrayServices enhancements from ORNL and hope to have this available
> for initial testing within two weeks.  As you know, this will enable
> both oslevel CPU and memory management on Linux and IRIX systems with
> the propack package installed.  SGI provides both a propack 4 and
> propack 5 CPUSet API and we are currently working to enable interfaces
> to both APIs including the ability to take advantage of a new features
> only found in propack 5.  If you would be willing to help us beta test
> this development, please let us know.

Thanks for the information.  Glad to hear that work is in progress to
support the Array Services on the Altix/Linux.

I'm not sure if we can beta-test since our systems are "production"
systems (and our Altix has only been recently upgraded to propack 3),
but I'll be watching out for the "good news"-- thanks for your
support!

-shinya.