[torqueusers] Altix "array" support? [Re: Memory and process limits ]

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Nov 22 17:13:26 MST 2004

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 01:00 pm, Shinya Yarimizo wrote:

> We have just set up torque on a 32P Altix at our site and started to
> test-drive it, and I have to say that it's running great.  However, we
> found out that memory limit is not enforced by the system (i.e., jobs
> that grow beyond their requested memory size just continue to run
> instead of being terminated), and would like to know if that feature
> is available in the Altix port.

Hmm, isn't this part of the scheduler configuration ?

For instance the Maui docs page gives the example:

http://www.clusterresources.com/products/maui/docs/a.fparameters.shtml#resourcelimitpolicy

 RESOURCELIMITPOLICY  MEM:ALWAYS:CANCEL

 (Maui will cancel all jobs which exceed their requested memory limits.)

good luck!
Chris