[torqueusers] pbsnodes bug?

Jerry D. Smith II jdsmit at sandia.gov
Wed Nov 17 14:16:14 MST 2004

Good afternoon all,

I am currently using torque-1.1.0p4 and Maui on a EM64T cluster with
512 nodes (dual proc)

We noticed what we thought to be an odd behavior today with using
multiple pbsnodes commands.

We have launched a job, and are allocated a node "sn188"

On first check with a pbsnodes -a the node is reported as
"job-exclusive"
While still leaving the job running on the node, we marked the node as
"offline" with pbsnodes -o.  Which is the status that we saw with a new
pbsnodes -a.   We then used pbsnodes -c to clear the node as no longer
offline to the server.  But when looking at it with pbsnodes -a, the
resultant state was free, even though the job was still running on the
node, and was still allocated when one looked via maui's checknode.

Is this the expected behavior?

Thanks in advance

Jerry
Jerry D. Smith II