[torqueusers] Bug in torque 1.1.0p4

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Wed Nov 17 02:02:16 MST 2004

Dave Jackson wrote:
> Bas,
>
>   If you can restart your pbs_server daemon with the environment
> variable PBSLOGLEVEL=3 set, this will enable much more detailed logging
> whcih should help us isolate this problem.  (Dynamic LOGLEVEL control
> via qmgr is coming but is not yet complete)
>
>   Once the LOGLEVEL is set, please reproduce the failure and send us the
> pbs_server logs.

To my understanding it is in pbs_mom that gives this error and i have
set PBSDEBUGLEVEL=9  and the error is in resmon/catch_child.c:

     /* child: change to the user's home directory and   */
     /* run the epilogue script                          */

     if (chdir(pjob->ji_grpcache->gc_homedir) != 0)
       {
       log_err(-1,id,"cannot chdir to user home directory");
       }

To my knowledge the chdir is to fast and the user permissions are not
set. If i remove this statement it still does not work. I have examined
the code and i could not find why it is not copied back. The job output
files are in /var/spool/torque/spool.

Hope this Helps