[torqueusers] qsub submit filter questions

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sun Nov 7 16:38:51 MST 2004

Hi folks,

We'd love to be able to do some sanity checking of users jobs, and possibly
the ability to reject a job at submit time if a user asks for an account that
they don't belong to, but it's not clear if that's possible.

Is the information that the user specifies on the command line made available
to the script ?

Looking at the code that processes the submit filter it appears that it simply
creates a copy of the script, runs that through the filter program and then
uses the output of the filter as the new script to use.

For our purposes it would be useful if the code checked for an explicit return
code that we could use to signal that the output of the submit filter is not
a script but is rather an error message to report to the user before exiting.

What do you folks think ?

cheers,
Chris