[torqueusers] torque_submitfilter

Walter de Jong walter at sara.nl
Fri Nov 5 04:01:58 MST 2004

Hi,

There is a problem with the torque_submitfilter.

When implementing such a filter, you must take care to output *nothing*
when the input consists of empty lines. If the filter does produce
something (even an empty line), "qsub -I" won't work and it'll give
"rejected by all possible destinations".

I encountered this problem when automatically trying to add extra PBS
directives to jobs. For example, I wanted to add

#PBS -Wgroup_list=grp1

to all jobs, but this breaks 'qsub -I' functionality.

Therefore it seems wise to use a wrapper script rather than the
torque_submitfilter until somebody patches up this problem.

Greets,

      --Walter
--
                   *** If you build it, they will come ***

Walter de Jong
walter at sara.nl        http://www.sara.nl/
HPC Systems Programmer at SARA Computing and Network Services

People should be able to e-mail me, spambots should not.