[torqueusers] May i ask a simple question?

Daniel Widyono widyono at cis.upenn.edu
Wed Nov 3 09:29:03 MST 2004

> >>Anyone knows a way to change the server name? I'm asking that because
> >>my servers are using as name the full qualified domain name, and it
> >>generates a big PBS_JOBID.
> >>
> >>I can change /etc/hosts and remove the FQDN from it, but if maybe
> >>anyone knows a better or more clean way to do that....

In addition to /etc/hosts on all clients:

On server:

$PBS_SERVER_HOME/server_name

If server is also a compute node,

$PBS_SERVER_HOME/server_priv/nodes

Run qmgr, and change the managers and operators lists (username at servername)

On clients:

$PBS_HOME/mom_priv/config

There may be more, that's what's in my notes.

Dan W.

--
-- Daniel Widyono                      http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~widyono
-- Liniac Project,     CIS Dept.,    SEAS,    University of Pennsylvania