[torqueusers] Max nodes seems to be 9 despite config

Mikko Huhtala mhuhtala at abo.fi
Tue Dec 28 12:49:45 MST 2004

Dave Jackson writes:
 > Mikko,
 >
 >   Do you still get the failure if you explicitly set the job cput limit
 > to a low value?

Yes. This actually did occur to me and I did test in the first place
with setting cput to the minimum allowed for the queue.

 > What about if you move your 'nodes' limits to 'nodect'
 > limits?

I tried this and jobs requesting nodes=10 still fail to run. The same
happens also if I remove all 'nodes' and 'nodect' limits, which is
supposed to give infinite limits if the OpenPBS documentation is to be
believed.

I forgot to mention these in the first message: I'm running Torque
1.1.0p5 and Maui 3.2.6p11 on Fedora Core 3 (Linux
2.6.9-1.681_FC3smp). Both Torque and Maui were compiled from source
tarballs with the default system compiler GCC 3.4.2.

Mikko