[torqueusers] Post-job file processing bug still in 1.1.0p5?

Mikko Huhtala mhuhtala at abo.fi
Fri Dec 17 11:54:49 MST 2004

I'm trying to set up Torque / Maui on our cluster and apparently I
have run into the same home directory permission problem as Roy
Dragseth (see 'Post job file processing bug in 1.1.0 (patch 1-3)' on
this list).

I'm running Torque 1.1.0p5 with a very similar setup to that described
by R. D. Home directories are automounted on the cluster nodes from a
file server, without the no_root_squash NFS option. Therefore, root
has no read or write permissions in user home directories and this
causes mom to give an error when completing a job (' cannot chdir to
user home as root - running epilog in current directory', even though
there is no epilogue) and output files do not get delivered
('pbs_mom;Req;req_reject;Reject reply code=15035( MSG=), aux=0,
type=54, from PBS_Server at volvox.abo.fi').

Has there been any work on this problem? Why should the system-wide
epilogue be run in the user's home directory anyway?  As I understood
Torque 1.0 does not have this problem. Is that old version available
somewhere? We would rather not use no_root_squash on the cluster, if
that can be avoided.

Mikko

:: Mikko Huhtala
:: Structural Bioinformatics Laboratory
:: Department of Biochemistry and Pharmacy, Abo Akademi
:: PO Box 66, FIN-20521, Turku, Finland. Tel +358-2-2154600