[torqueusers] Need starting help

Robert Tafner tafner at dpmi.tugraz.at
Thu Dec 16 06:49:03 MST 2004

Hi everybody,

I wanted to install Torque as our new batch system. I created .deb-Files
because all our Nodes and the Server are running Debian. I followed the
instructions at [1] but there appears a problem.

When I want to start the server via

pbs_server -t create

no error message appears. But when I type in 'qmgr' I just get:

$ qmgr
sh: line 1: /usr/local/sbin/pbs_iff: No such file or directory
No Permission.
qmgr: cannot connect to server

There is no other situation when I try the command

$ qmgr -c "s s scheduling=true"
sh: line 1: /usr/local/sbin/pbs_iff: No such file or directory
No Permission.
qmgr: cannot connect to server

And the other suggested command

$ ./torque.setup username
initializing TORQUE (admin: username at Servername)
PBS_Server Servername: Create mode and server database exists,
do you wish to continue y/(n)?y
[...]

Can anyone help me?????

thanks in advance

Robert