[torqueusers] Problem with Torque with AMD Opteron and RHEL 3

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Dec 7 15:35:20 MST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:18 pm, Leandro Tavares Carneiro wrote:

>         I have checked everything in my nodes and server and is everything
> OK. All the nodes can recognize the user id i'm using and the home
> directory is mounting, but i still got this error.
>
> Dec  7 09:04:32 node002 pbs_mom: scan_for_exiting, cannot chdir to user
> home directory

Are you exporting the users home directories with no_root_squash from the NFS
server ?

Easiest way to check that is to login to node002 as root and then try and cd
to the users home directory - if you get a permission denied error this is
probably what's going on.

A number of folks have reported this recently, it doesn't affect us here as
we're exporting with no_root_squash (we have total control over all clients
and server).

The other time we've seen this is after an NFS server crash when the clients
have stale NFS file handles, again trying the above should tell you.

It would be very nice if the pbs_mom reported the value of errno and its
sys_errlist equivalent. :-)

cheers,
Chris