[torqueusers] Node affinity misbehaving.

Steve Traylen s.traylen at rl.ac.uk
Fri Dec 3 12:22:22 MST 2004

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 06:26:37PM -0000 or thereabouts, Garrick Staples wrote:
> >  I have the  simple case of having particular queues should only use
> >  particular nodes.
> >
> >  But I have a jobs that are going to wrong place...
>
> This isn't a feature of Torque, it's a feature of Maui.  Are you using maui?
Yes.
> If so, there's one little thing to add to maui.cfg to use this feature...
>
> CLASSCFG[classname]
>
> where "classname" is the name of the queue in torque.

Hi Garrick,

I found that upgrading to the latest snapshot after
reading your mail on the maui list solved the problem.

Should I still add the CLASSCFG statement for each queue?

I still have problems specifying multiple attributes after

set server resources_default.neednodes = "sl3,bigmem"

and found that I could never construct a job that found these nodes.
though I may have the wrong syntax

qsub -l nodes=sl3,bigmem script.sh

For now I can cope with just setting .neednodes to a single value.

Thanks for fixing my farm for me. :)

 Steve

--
Steve Traylen