[torqueusers] running jobs with stdout to terminal and stdin from a script file

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Aug 24 19:40:24 MDT 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 01:03 am, Wightman wrote:

>  So I believe the way to run a job where the output gets
> printed to stdout and the input is a file would be (If I'm wrong I hope
> someone on this list will correct me):
>
> qsub -I script

Unfortunately that won't work, you'll just get a shell prompt on the node
you've been allocated and the script will be ignored. :-(

Also:

	echo script | qsub -I

won't work as it complains that:

$ echo test.sh | qsub -q sque -I
qsub:   standard input and output must be a terminal for
        interactive job submission

Is this related to the patch for the pbs_mom's that comes with mpiexec to
enable the mpiexec process to capture the output from the moms as it appears
rather than have it redirected to the pbs_mom ?

Chris