[torqueusers] running jobs with stdout to terminal and stdin from a script file

Wightman wightman at supercluster.org
Tue Aug 24 09:03:36 MDT 2004

By default, Torque will output the stdout and stderr to

To have the output actually print to stdout the job must be
"Interactive."  Also, Torque will read any file as the last argument in
a qsub command.  So I believe the way to run a job where the output gets
printed to stdout and the input is a file would be (If I'm wrong I hope
someone on this list will correct me):

qsub -I script

Pretty close to what you had.

You can read the man page on qsub for more information about interactive
mode.

Hope that helps,

Douglas
Cluster Resources, INC.

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 11:52, Keith.Roberts at lecroy.com wrote:

> Newbie question, apologies if this has a trivial answer
>
> I want to start jobs who will return their output to standard out and their
> standard input comes from a file
>
> script is the comands I want executed and dummy is just a blank file (using
> default pbs options).   The two
> ideas I had didn't work.
>
> 1.  qsub -I dummy < script
>
> Which gives an error message
> qsub:   standard input and output must be a terminal for
>         interactive job submission
>
> 2.  qsub -o  /dev/stdout script
>
> This loses the stdout
>
> Is there a simple way of achieving this ?
>
> regards
>
> Keith Roberts

Douglas
Cluster Resources, INC.