[torqueusers] domain naming in Torque

Daniel Widyono widyono at cis.upenn.edu
Fri Aug 20 09:54:35 MDT 2004

Greetings,

	I'm trying to set up a new cluster with Torque (first time using
Torque).  All the systems in our school have `hostname` set to the FQDN, and
this works well with sendmail.  With Torque, it would be nice not to have to
use the FQDN for all job names (it's *really* a long FQDN); I'd like to use
the short name.  However, when I set all the values
($PBS_SERVER_HOME/server_name, manager and operator lists, configure
--set-default-server option, and $PBS_HOME/mom_priv/config's $clienthost
entry) to the short name, I get a permission error message when trying to
execute qmgr commands, etc.  When I set all those values to the FQDN, no
errors happen.  I am recompiling and reinstalling each time I try different
configurations, by the way.

	I'd appreciate any pointers, tips, hints, gotchas, or other
assistance in figuring out how to use the short name for Torque while having
the hostname for the system be the FQDN.

Regards,
Dan W.

--
-- Daniel Widyono                      http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~widyono
-- Liniac Project,     CIS Dept.,    SEAS,    University of Pennsylvania