[torqueusers] Re: Latest Torque snapshot breaks mpiexec ?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Aug 17 17:48:09 MDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 02:08 am, Pete Wyckoff wrote:

> I don't know how torque broke this, but I can tell you what's going on.

I'm not sure whether this is actually a bad case of problem exists between
chair and keyboard or whether there's been a subtle change in behaviour in
qsub.

These two qsub commands yield different results:

	qsub -I -q linux -l nodes=10
	qsub -q linux -l nodes=10 -I

The first one doesn't work (it only selects one CPU) and provokes the mpiexec
error whilst the second one works (you get 10 CPUs).

The only change is moving the -I option from the start to the end of the line.

Apologies for that!

Chris