[torqueusers] location of torque libs

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Fri Aug 6 06:57:42 MDT 2004

Garrick Staples wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 04:14:12PM +0200, Bas van der Vlies alleged:
>
>>It is build with the following options (see debian/rules):
>>        ./configure --prefix=/usr \
>>          --libdir=/usr/lib/torque \
>

> I noticed the earlier contributed rpm uses the same libdir.  Is this the new
> standard location?

On some platforms there is already an libnet.a. So that is why i
specified a different location for the torque libraries.

> Unfortunately, the new maui autoconf-based configure can't find the torque
> libs in this directory.  It has a --with-torque option, and then dies when it
> can't find $torquelocation/lib/libpbs.a
>
> Of course, 'ln -s .  $torquelocation/lib' fixes this problem.

I have alsoe noticed this, maybe a configure option for maui to specify
the torque libs and one for the torque header files? I have patched  the
file Makefile.inc.pbs.in:
# PBS SARA Definitions
#
# SVN INFO:
# 	$Id$
#
export PBSDEF  = -D__MPBS
export PBSIP   = -I at PBSTARGETDIR@/include/torque
export PBSLP   = -L at PBSTARGETDIR@/lib/torque
export PBSLIB  = @PBSLIBS@

So the configure will work for our setup ;-)