[torquedev] Maui/Torque with node properties

Suraj Prabhakaran s.prabhakaran at grs-sim.de
Mon Sep 10 12:40:17 MDT 2012

Dear all,

I have 4 nodes with the following properties

node1 fast
node2 fast
node3 slow
node4 slow

Traditionally, torque allows to request nodes with different properties by

	qsub -l nodes=1:fast+1:slow

The above should allocate one fast node and one slow node and this works perfectly fine when pbs_sched is used.

But when I use maui as my scheduler, I never get the nodes assigned and end up waiting infinitely.

Is this feature supported in maui? Until now, I haven't read anywhere that this feature is not supported in maui.
Or, am I just missing something here?

Best,
Suraj