[torquedev] "Fixing" qsig -s USR1 and kill_delay on torque 2.5.x

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Tue Mar 13 17:18:00 MDT 2012

On Tuesday, 13 March 2012, at 10:04:41 (-0600),
David Beer wrote:

> Having done the work it takes to configure these signals to work in the
> system's current state, I'm all for addressing this issue. I'm wondering if
> there are any community concerns about this change? Do you see any possible
> regressions? What are the risks? Should we make this change something that
> only happens if you turn it on in the mom config file? In some ways I like
> this option because it is easy to turn off if there are regressions, but on
> the other hand the kill_delay functionality is so cumbersome to set up its
> essentially broken now. I'm interested to hear the community's input on
> this patch.

I definitely agree that exec'ing the script is the correct way to
spawn it.  I think the patch is reasonable.

Would "exec " also need to be added to the shell command line in
TMomFinalizeChild() in the SHELL_USE_ARGV == 1 case?

Michael

--
Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>
Senior HPC Systems Engineer