[torquedev] command line -q option

Craig West cwest at vpac.org
Thu Mar 8 21:58:49 MST 2012

On 09/03/12 15:23, Christopher Samuel wrote:
> On 09/03/12 08:19, John Rosenquist wrote:
>
>> Doh. My bad. Let me be more specific. I'm only looking at removing
>> the ones where -q means quiet.

Just wondering what the purpose of this would be? Are you wanting to
reuse the "-q" flag?

>> pestat -q in contrib pbsnodes -q (qnodes being an alias to
>> pbsnodes) tracejob
>
> We use -q routinely in tracejob.  In fact I think it should default to
> on and there should be an option to show warnings (as I don't consider
> complaining about not being able to read pbs_mom or pbs_sched logs on
> the management node running pbs_server and moab as an error).

I will agree with Chris. I always use -q with tracejob and would prefer
to have a default that doesn't show the errors. Perhaps a flag could be
made to show warnings?

Craig.

--
Craig West                   Systems Manager
Victorian Partnership for Advanced Computing
P: +61 3 9925 4751         E: cwest at vpac.org
                          http://www.vpac.org