[torquedev] Torque database

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Thu Jul 12 14:38:19 MDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 5:25 AM, Suraj Prabhakaran <s.prabhakaran at grs-sim.de
> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am new to torque and I would like to know a few basic things. Could
> someone please tell me how the job information is stored in torque? In the
> sense, are active and queued job infos stored in files or only stored
> internally?
>
> Best regards,
> Suraj

Suraj,

Job files are stored under $TORQUE_HOME/server_priv/jobs. If you submit a
job you will see the job id with the extension .JB and also a file with a
.SC extension.  When a MOM has a job running it also has a copy of these
files in the $TORQUE_HOME/mom_priv/jobs directory.

The .JB file is opaque but the .SC file will contain the contents of the
script file that was entered for the job.

Ken