[torquedev] TORQUE 4.0 Is Officially Beta-Testing

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Jan 4 09:11:57 MST 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 02:27:52 PM Chris Samuel wrote:
>
> > In trunk there's a file README.new_in_4.0 which doesn't appear to
> > be in that tarball for some reason
>
> Also missing are:
>
> README.trqauthd
> README.NUMA
> README.coding_notes
> PBS_License.txt
>
> and quite a few others, I've attached a diff for the files that are
> only in the trunk or only in the tarball (excluding the obvious
> autoconf/svn ones of course).
>
> cheers!
> Chris
> --
>    Christopher Samuel - Senior Systems Administrator
>  VLSCI - Victorian Life Sciences Computation Initiative
>  Email: samuel at unimelb.edu.au Phone: +61 (0)3 903 55545
>          http://www.vlsci.unimelb.edu.au/

Sorry for the lateness of this reply. Those README files and the PBS_License.txt file need to be in the distribution. We will get this corrected. Looking at the diff:

autogen.sh - this is only necessary for building from the source in svn, so we didn't include it.
All those .h files that aren't included are mostly related to performing unit tests, which we didn't think people would be doing in production so they aren't included. Along the same line of thinking, I should have mentioned in my original email that if you configure TORQUE with --with-check it won't work unless you checked things out from svn (because these are other files are missing). We're not opposed to people having these files, we just thought that nobody would want them who is downloading TORQUE, only those who were checking out the code from svn.
The files that are in the distribution but not in trunk, such as torque.spec and pbs_config.h.in, are files produced during the build. Sometime before the 3.0 release we had decided as a group that these files didn't need to be stored in svn, so that's why you don't see them if you check out.

Thanks for looking at this and checking our work. It is very appreciated.

--
David Beer
Direct Line: 801-717-3386 | Fax: 801-717-3738