[torquedev] [torqueusers] Performance of non-GPU codes on GPU nodes reduced by nvidia-smi overhead

Doug Johnson djohnson at osc.edu
Wed Feb 22 14:50:32 MST 2012

Hi David,

I'm in the process of devising a cleaner way to do what I did in my
previous quick and dirty patch.  I'm working out of the torque-2.5
branch.  I'd be very interested in working with whoever gets assigned
this problem at Adaptive.

And as an update, I've executed many jobs on the GPU and non-GPU nodes
with the patch referenced below.  Same mom binary with nvml support on
both types of nodes with no apparent problems.

Doug