[torquedev] Torque database

Suraj Prabhakaran s.prabhakaran at grs-sim.de
Tue Aug 7 05:43:23 MDT 2012

Dear Ken,

Thank you very much for your reply. Does that mean that Torque does not store the information internally (in a structure or something) but only directly in the file?
In the same lines, if one would edit/delete the JB file at the headnode, or at the mom, what would the behavior be like?

Thanks,
Suraj

On Jul 12, 2012, at 10:38 PM, Ken Nielson wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 5:25 AM, Suraj Prabhakaran <s.prabhakaran at grs-sim.de> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am new to torque and I would like to know a few basic things. Could someone please tell me how the job information is stored in torque? In the sense, are active and queued job infos stored in files or only stored internally?
>
> Best regards,
> Suraj
> Suraj,
>
> Job files are stored under $TORQUE_HOME/server_priv/jobs. If you submit a job you will see the job id with the extension .JB and also a file with a .SC extension.  When a MOM has a job running it also has a copy of these files in the $TORQUE_HOME/mom_priv/jobs directory.
>
> The .JB file is opaque but the .SC file will contain the contents of the script file that was entered for the job.
>
> Ken

--------------------------
Suraj Prabhakaran

German Research School for
Simulation Sciences GmbH
Laboratory for Parallel Progreamming
52062 Aachen | Germany

Tel    	+49 241 80 99743
Fax   	+49 241 80 92742
EMail 	s.prabhakaran at grs-sim.de
Web  	www.grs-sim.de

Members:  Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH | RWTH Aachen University
Registered in the commercial register of the local court of Düren (Amtsgericht Düren) under registration number HRB 5268
Registered office:  Jülich
Executive board:  Prof. Marek Behr Ph.D. | Dr. Norbert Drewes