[torquedev] qorder command

Jayavant Patil jayavant.patil82 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 06:54:02 MDT 2011

Hi,

     I am using Torque 3.0.0 and Maui 3.3. I want to exchange the two jobs
within the same queue. For this, I read qorder man page and then tried to
use it. But it doesn't show any effect on queue.

Scenario is as follows:

$ qstat
Job id                    Name             User            Time Use S Queue
------------------------- ---------------- --------------- -------- - -----
85.n0                      STDIN            root                   0 R
abc
86.n0                      STDIN            root                   0 R
abc
87.n0                      STDIN            root                   0 R
abc
88.n0                      STDIN            root                   0 R
abc
89.n0                      STDIN            root                   0 Q
abc
90.n0                      STDIN            root                   0 Q
abc
91.n0                      STDIN            root                   0 Q
abc
92.n0                      STDIN            root                   0 Q abc

$qorder 89 92
[...]

the same output !!
What is the effect (or use) of qorder then?

--

Thanks & Regards,
Jayavant Ningoji Patil