[torquedev] Prioritizing jobs by a user himself

Jayavant Patil jayavant.patil82 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 07:35:53 MDT 2011

Hi,

          I am using Torque 3.0.0 and Maui 3.3. My question is as follows:

          *Can a user himself prioritize his own jobs (i.e. move up latest
submitted job over an earlier submitted job in a queue) ?

          *I know this can be done by a site admin by setspri (Maui command)
but I don't want this.
          I tried with *qalter -p <priority> jobid *in order to increase the
priority of a latest submitted job, it shows the changed priority in qstat
-f but it is not going to affect the scheduler generated priority. What I
want to say is the latest submitted job still remains at bottom of the queue
even though user changed the job's priority with qalter -p.

          I am confused that what's the use of qsub -p or qalter -p?
(Because anyway it will not affect Scheduler's policy generated priority) or
any solution for this problem?

          Thanks in advance.

--

Regards,