[torquedev] Torque ncpus command

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Thu Oct 6 18:04:57 MDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Christopher Samuel" <samuel at unimelb.edu.au>
> To: torquedev at supercluster.org
> Sent: Thursday, October 6, 2011 5:23:20 PM
> Subject: Re: [torquedev] Torque ncpus command

As far as TORQUE itself is concerned TORQUE does not know what to do with ncpus. It is up to the scheduler to decide. With Moab ncpus means give me X processors on a single node as Chris has said.

If you want 28 processors anywhere you can get them try using -l procs=28.

Ken Nielson
Adaptive Computing