[torquedev] [torqueusers] qsub -l nodes=x+procs=y VS qsub -l nodes=x, procs=y

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Tue Mar 22 14:02:57 MDT 2011

Hi John,

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 01:50:33PM -0600, John Rosenquist wrote:
> Currently the code allows for both a +procs in a nodes value and a
> distinct -l procs value.
> Is there anyone using the -l nodes=x+procs style command line syntax?
>
> If not would there be any issue removing the duplicate functionality?
> (i.e. -l procs=? would be support and support would be dropped for -l
> nodes=x+procs=y)
> If anyone is using this +procs style, would then be willing to change it
> to the -l procs style?
>
> Partially for simplifying the code, partially for removing duplicate
> functionality.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> John Rosenquist | Torque Developer
> Direct Line: 801.717.3--- | Fax: 801.717.3738
> 1656 S. East Bay Blvd. Suite #300 | Provo, Utah 84601 | USA
> Adaptive Computing, Ent.

I would love to use it, but since moab does not support it I can't.
With respect to using either

1) -l nodes=x:ppn=y+procs=z
or
2) -l nodes=x:ppn=y -l procs=z

I really don't care, but I believe (2) should always work. Thus,
the question really is whether (1) should work in addition (and
synonymously) to (2). As far as I am concerned that is not really
necessary.

Cheers,
Martin

--