[torquedev] [torqueusers] Resource attributes expected functionality using qsub

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Sun Mar 20 19:47:25 MDT 2011

> The question is, if someone used this mixture of locations to add resource information (and/or had multiple duplicate -l flags on the command line), what it the current expected functionality?

Hi and welcome John,

I suspect the community would appreciate it if you could send plain text (rather than html) to the list - I know I would.

The behaviour is broadly what I would expect. Later options over-ride earlier options and command line options override embedded options.  I've also worked with this behaviour in NEC's implementation of NQSII.

It might be valuable to provide warnings when options are duplicated, perhaps with a further option to treat such conditions as errors.  After all, it is nice to get direct feedback in an error message rather than having to figure out later why things did not work as you hoped/expected.

Cheers,

Gareth