[torquedev] Libraries getting into configure (from libtool?)

"Mgr. Šimon Tóth" toth at fi.muni.cz
Tue Mar 15 07:03:22 MDT 2011

I just stumbled into this problem.

We have a modified version of the kerberos support patch. The issue is
that the libraries are added even into the configure (when it is
detecting size of int and similar stuff) and because the kerberos
libraries reside in a specific folder (that is determined using
krb5-config) the configure fails.

configure:25797: x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc -o conftest -ggdb3 -Wall
-D__TOLDGROUP -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE   -Wl,-z,defs -Wl,-R/usr/lib -ggdb3
-Wall -D__TOLDGROUP -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5
-lk5crypto -lcom_err -lkrb525 conftest.c  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lkrb525

Now I can't find where do these come from. The only place where I add
these libraries is from the output of krb5-config which also adds the
path -L/usr/lib/heimdal.

The only remaining option is that these come from libtool somehow (but I
have no idea what to do with that).

--
Mgr. Simon Toth